After what seems like several weeks where my mind is caught up in a vortex of confusion over work and personal stresses, I decided to finish off my weekend with something that would be comforting and indulging. I purchased a fresh baguette from the Riverside Arts and Farmer's Market on Saturday morning from JC's Heavenly Breads. I also bought an almond croissant which he generously gave me a second one of. Unfortunately they were burnt on the outside and pretty much inedible. Thank goodness the baguette was in good shape! On to the Fresh Market where I inspected the decadent cheese case. A tiny round of fresh chevre was perfect for the evening I was quickly putting together. I had some caramelized onions at home that were beckoning as well.
I truly love the Fresh Market off Atlantic Blvd. because it always seems as though they have a wine vendor there with tastings. I selected a dry California white by Menage a Trois.
Once I made it home I chilled my wine prior to pouring myself a glass. I sliced my baguette, spread a layer of creamy goat cheese on and a spoonful of the caramelized onions. All of this went under the broiler for less than a minute.
Sitting on the couch with a great book, a simply elegant homemade appetizer and a crisp glass of wine felt completely decadent. When funds get tight or you don't feel like getting dressed up to go out- treat yourself in. Who says it has to be TV dinners or ramen noodles? Splurge at home!
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment